Sunday 5 January 2014

Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser Review

During summer seasons my T-zone produces enough oil to fry my own fish and chips. Lol gross I know....

Anyway, I always find myself coming back to this product, the Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser, to remove the oiliness from my face.


It comes in a big 200ml bottle, which lasts me about 2-3 months with once or twice a day usage.

As you can see from the picture I have used alot of it.

It is part of my daily night time cleansing regime.

I use it after my double cleansing regime as a toner because you don't wash it off after application. It stays on your skin and continues to fight off the oiliness.

It's got salicylic acid in it which is good for oily, acne-prone skin.

I don't have acne but I get quite a lot of pimples when I am stressed/ lack sleep/ eat too much chocolate or chips or oily fried foods (i.e everything yummy!) .



The smell is very alcoholic as alcohol denat is the second ingredient on the list after aqua (water). This is good as I like to believe the alcohol will dissolve away the oiliness of my skin.

I would stay away from this if you've got sensitive skin like Natalie... one touch of this and her skin goes red and blotchy...

Since it is a cleanser, let me demonstrate to you it's awesome cleaning power...

From left: Revlon High Dimension Eyeliner in 04 Sapphire Flash, Victoria Secret Beauty Rush wet/dry Eyeshadow in Espresso Lane, Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick in 08 Geranium Shimmer and Skin79 Pink Super BB Cream

Here on my hand I have swatched an eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick and BB cream (if you want me to review these please leave a comment to let me know thank you!)

I have left these on for 20 minutes-ish to let the cosmetics really settle into my skin.


Soaking a cotton pad with the cleanser... you don't need to much of it.


Ready... set.... clean!!!

After ONE wipe

As you can see all it needs is one wipe and ta-da! The make up comes off easily and does not leave any residual make up behind.

After TWO wipes

After two wipes, the back of my hand is clean and make up free again.

Repurchase? Yes!

There is also a sister product - the pink/red colour version of this ( I think it's called the cleansing lotion), I use when I run out of this blue one. I will review it in a future post to compare for you. So start following me!

 By Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...