Saturday 4 January 2014

Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream Review

I was shopping in Asia when I found this moisturizing cream sold at their local pharmacies. I have seen this online before so I got it for myself to try. Introducing the Hazeline Snow Moisturizing Cream:


The Hazeline brand is produced by Unilever, an Anglo–Dutch based company.

Hazeline is witch hazel extract from what I remember.

After a quick online search I found that the 'snow' bit refers to soft stearate creams containing 50% hazeline. It supposedly provides a cooling and refreshing sensation to the skin.

However, I don't remember seeing witch hazel extract in the list of ingredients on the box (which I threw out so there is no photo of it lol....)



The product is housed in a glass jar that is quite thick and heavy, and comes with a screw on top lid.

It has a floral, soapy scent that is a bit heavy. But it dosn't bother me because it is quite a nice scent.

The texture itself is soft and foamy, very snow-like. You can sort of feel air bubbles coming through the cream when you dip your fingers into the jar and when you apply it on your skin.

This product is water based and there is no greasy feeling to it. Perfect for oily skin in the summer, and for me during my trip in the hot humid weather of Asia.

Despite the lack of oil in it, I find it provides enough moisture for my skin on a hot day.

It also leaves behind a cooling and refreshing feeling, and makes me wonder what they used in place of the witch hazel to achieve this...



What I didn't like about this product is that I have to dip my fingers into the jar to scoop it out. Because it is so airy and foamy, it is quite hard to do so.

The other thing I didn't like is it takes quite some time for the skin to absorb the moisturizer so I have to walk around with white streaks on my face for a while.

Other than that, I find this 'cream' okay to use for the summer, but I would not reach out for it as there are other nicer summer moisturizers I tend to reach for first.

Repurchase? Maybe, if I am very desperate and moisturizer-less in Asia


by Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...