Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wild Ferns New Zealand Manuka Honey Soothing Lip Balm Review

This is one of the many lip balms I own.

It is probably one of my least favourite out of the bunch, let me tell you why...



Firstly, this Manuka Honey Lip Balm comes in a cute small plastic pot.
It is cute, but I do not like sticking fingers into a pot, so it sits around in my room and I only use it when my hands are clean.

It is made in New Zealand.

The Active AAH 650+ rating found on the pot is a measure of the anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties of this product. Not sure if these properties does anything for my lips....




The smell of this lip balm is absolutely wonderful, so fragrant, definitely reminds me of honey!
I usually do not like heavily fragrant products but this is an exception!




The texture is okay. 
It is not sticky, kind of like putting Vaseline on your lips but it lasts longer.

As you can see in the swatch it comes out clear as expected.

Now I'll get to why I don't particularly like this product....
It is labelled 'soothing', but for some reason every time I use it my lips get this tingly feeling and slightly swells up!
Great for me if I want Angelina Jolie lips but I do not like the tingly swelled up feeling!
It may be because of my sensitivity to products (I am allergic to SPF in lip products), and might not affect everyone else.

All-in-all, it is a great product if you don't have sensitive lips and is looking for something that smells great and moisturizing.

Repurchase? No... this tub is gonna last me a long time...


By Ai




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...